Fish Fingers with an Avocado Dip
Fish fingers with a creamy avocado dip.
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) Fine bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Zest
- 50g (1/3 cup) Flour
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 600g Firm white fish fillet (I used flathead) cut into strips
- 2 Avocados
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest together and place in a shallow bowl / plate.
Place the flour and egg in two separate shallow bowls
Dip the fish in the flour, then dip into the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs
Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add half* the fish to the pan and cook the fish approx 2-3 mins, turning until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining oil and fish.
Serve straight away with the avocado dip.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculates using an online nutrition calculator.
- * Depending on your pan size you may need to do this in 2,3 or 4 batches. Try not to overcrowd the pan
- ** A don't normally add salt to my recipes so that babies can enjoy them too. I do feel this dip needs the salt to bring out the flavours. Do not add if serving a baby
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 727mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 346IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg