Baked Pears Recipe
With no added sugar or sweeteners, these baked pears are a healthy and delicious snack, breakfast or dessert.
- 4 Pears (Cored and chopped into pieces) *SEE NOTE 1
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon ** SEE NOTE 2
- 1/2 tsp Ground GInger ** SEE NOTE 2
- 1/4 cup Water
Pre-heat oven to 180c / 350f
Add pears to a large baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger. Toss the pears and add the water, toss again.
Cover with foil and bake for 20-40 minutes (*SEE NOTE 3), checking and stirring once or twice during cooking time.
Nutritional information is a GUIDE only, calculated using an online calculator. Results will vary depending on pear variety and size.
- The easiest way I find to chop a pear is to half, remove the core using a melon baller and then chop into bite-size pieces (see above image for illustration.) I don't peel the pear but you can if you prefer.
- If you don't like cinnamon or ginger then try alternative spices such as cardamom, nutmeg, clove or allspice
- The cooking time will vary depending on the ripeness of the pear. Cook until soft (or desired texture.) My pears were unripe and needed 40 mins.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.4mg