Cucumber Sushi Recipe
A delicious, healthy and fun snack for kids.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 20 slices
- 2 Lebanese Cucumbers * SEE NOTE 1
- 1/2 cup Cooked and Chilled Rice * SEE NOTE 2
- 1/4 Capsicum (Bell Pepper), julienne sliced * SEE NOTE 3
- 1 Carrots, julienne sliced
Slice off both ends of the cucumber and then cut the cucumber into 2 sections
Remove the center of the cucumber using an apple corer. *SEE NOTE 4
Add around 4 slices of capsicum or carrot (or a mix of both) to the center of the cucumber. Then stuff with rice to fill the cavity, pushing the rice down to ensure the cucumber is fully stuffed.
Cut into sushi slices and serve.
Keep this snack refrigerated, rice should be stored under 5C.
Nutritional information is a rough GUIDE only, calculated using an online calculator. The results are based using Lebanese cucumbers and Jasmine Rice and are for 1 slice only. The results will vary depending on the rice used and size/variety of cucumber/fillings.
- The type of cucumber you use is up to you. I have used both English and Lebanese cucumbers to make this snack. Just make sure the cucumber is wide enough to remove the centre and stuff easily.
- I usually make this snack when I have leftover rice (jasmine rice pictured). Chill the rice and clump together.
- You can fill with different vegetables or proteins like tuna or chicken. As long as you properly fill the cucumber it should work well.
- If you do not have an apple corer you can use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeded flesh part. It just won't have such a clean look.
Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 56mg | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.1mg