Red Lentil Lasagne
A dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Great for baby-led weaning.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (brown, white or red) (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 red capsicum (bell) pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 180g (1 cup) red split lentils
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree (paste)
- 500g (2 cups) Passata *SEE NOTE 1
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) vegetable / chicken stock (broth) *SEE NOTE 2
- 6 lasagne sheets (approx)
- 300g (1 1/3 cups) cottage cheese (pureed)
- 60g (1 cup) grated cheddar
Heat oil in large saucepan and sauté onions, celery, carrots and garlic on a low heat for 5 mins.
Add the capsicum (bell) pepper and continue to sauté for a further 5 mins.
Stir in lentils, tomato puree, passata, bay leaf and one cup of stock.
Reduce heat and simmer for approx. 30 mins (adding more stock when and if needed)
Pre heat oven to 180c / 350F / Gas 4
Spread half the lentil mixture to the bottom of a baking dish (approx. 9" x 7")
Cover with a single layer of lasagne, snapping the sheets to fit.
Spread the remaining lentil mixture on top and add another single layer of lasagne
Spread the pureed cottage cheese on top and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30-40 mins (until fully heated and crispy on top)
Nutritional Information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- If you don't have passata then you can substitute it with canned chopped/crushed tomatoes.
- Use homemade/low sodium stock if serving to baby / young children to reduce sodium levels.
Serving: 10f 6 | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.1g | Protein: 19.6g | Fat: 8.5g | Cholesterol: 17.7mg | Sodium: 438.5mg | Sugar: 10g