Fruity Chicken Balls
A delicious finger food great for kids of all ages.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 25 balls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 carrot , peeled and grated
- 40g (3/4 cup) Fresh Breadcrumbs (optional see notes)
- 2 tbsp Milk (optional see notes)
- 1 Small pear , peeled and grated
- 1 Apple , peeled and grated
- 500 g Chicken mince
- 2 tsp Fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- Oil for frying
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and carrot, over a low heat, until soft. (For around 5 mins)
Add the milk to the breadcrumbs and allow to sit for 5 mins.
Place the apple and pear onto a clean dishcloth and squeeze as much juice as you can out of them. (save the juice for smoothies etc)
Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with your hands until all the ingredients are mixed together.
Form around 25 balls with your hands. Shallow fry for around five minutes, until golden on both sides.
Breadcrumb and Milk mixture
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- I add the soaked breadcrumbs to the mixture to produce a lighter, more tender ball. If you have a dairy/gluten allergy then you can miss this out but the ball will be tougher.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.3mg