It has been beautifully sunny this Easter weekend in Scotland and we have definitely been making the most of it (after all we don’t see sunshine very often.) We have spent the whole time outside, including meals, and it has been bliss. I love eating outside and you can’t beat healthy BBQ food with salad and lots of fresh fruit.
I decided to whip up some healthy strawberry smoothie ice lollies as soon as I saw the sun shining on Friday morning. I’m glad I did as Finn has enjoyed a strawberry smoothie ice lolly every day this long weekend. This recipe certainly favours the ingredient lists of many commercial lollies and can easily be tailored to suit your child’s taste buds.
Look out for other ice lolly recipes soon (I’m thinking positive here – we will have a good summer!)
Strawberry Smoothie Ice Lollies
- 2 small bananas / 1 large banana (cut into chunks)
- 10 strawberries (stalks removed)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) natural greek yogurt
- Decoration (optional)
- 2 strawberries - sliced
- Place the bananas, strawberries and yogurt into a blender / food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Fill ice lolly moulds with mixture (I made six)
- (Optional decoration - Place a slice of strawberry into each mould)