Finn has really enjoyed making his Christmas themed snacks this month. Today he asked to make a “Christmas Yoghurt.” I initially thought to flavour yoghurt with Christmas spices but I wasn’t quite sure that would work well and how much Finn would actually like it. So instead, I thought I would try and make the yoghurt visually festive and went with red and white candy stripes. As I have said many times before, I never buy the yoghurts targeted to children as most of them have so much added sugar. Instead I opt for natural greek yogurt and flavour with fruit.
I used frozen raspberries to make this “Raspberry Layered Yogurt.” Once defrosted I find them easy to crush and great to stir in to yoghurts. I started with a layer of crushed raspberries then added a layer of natural greek yoghurt, added some more raspberries and a final layer of yoghurt. To finish I topped it with a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut (for snow) and a couple of juicy fresh raspberries.
Raspberry Layered Yogurt
- 1 cup (100g) frozen raspberries
- 1 cup natural greek yoghurt
- Microwave raspberries for 30 seconds (or until defrosted) and then crush with spoon.
- Add half of the mixture to a small glass
- Add half the yoghurt on top of the raspberries
- Add the remaining raspberries
- Finish with the remaining yoghurt.
*** Amounts will vary with glass size