Raspberry Banana Cookies, made with only 4 ingredients, is a great recipe to make with kids. Sweetened only with fruit they also make a perfect baby-led weaning snack.
I love cooking with Finn and one of my favourite recipes to make with him is banana oat cookies. They are perfect for adapting, you can just alter the recipe depending on what you have in the house to use up. As long as you have the banana and oats as your base then you are sorted. This week we made a raspberry version using only banana, oats, raspberries and sultanas.
Cooking With Kids
The reason I love this recipe so much is that it is so easy for kids to make themselves and you don’t have to worry about them eating half the mixture before it is cooked (as my boys do every time).
For younger kids, you can measure out all the ingredients in cups and just get your kids to mash, tip the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix. For older kids, you can get them to measure the ingredients themselves using the scales. Finn loves this and it has been great for his number recognition and is helping him start to build his understanding of place value.
These banana raspberry cookies are so quick to make. The first thing I do is pop the sultanas in a bowl and cover them with boiling water. I let them soak while I make the cookies and then drain them at the end, just before adding them to the mixture. This makes the sultanas plump and juicy and stops them from burning. I don’t recommend skipping this step as a burnt sultana has a bitter taste and is sure to put the kids off!
These cookies are so soft, making them perfect for kids and for baby-led weaning. They are great for breakfast, as a snack or to pop in a lunch box.
You May Also Like
- Raspberry Breakfast Balls
- Fruity Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Pistachio and Raspberry Muffins
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Raspberry Banana Cookies
- 40g (1/4 cup) Sultanas / Raisins
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 95g 1 cup Oats
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 100g 1 cup Frozen raspberries
- Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
- Add sultanas into a bowl and soak in boiling water
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas to a puree consistency.
- Add the oats & cinnamon and stir through. Add the raspberries and stir until the raspberries have broken down and incorporated into the mixture.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the mixture.
- Form tablespoon sized balls (add more oats if you need to make the mixture firmer) and place on a greased baking tray (I used coconut oil)
- Flatten the balls to form cookie shapes and cook for approx 15 mins.
- Allow to cool