This Mexican chicken tortilla pizza is full of flavour and you can’t just stop at one or two slices. I love how quick it is to make and how, like most pizzas, you can adapt it to the include the flavours and toppings that suit you and your family. I used wholemeal tortillas and smothered it it pizza sauce before adding a mix of chicken, onion, peppers, spinach, spices and lastly some grated cheddar cheese.
This was a huge success with my husband who said it was the best pizza he had ever had and Finn loved it too, devouring several slices in seconds. I made two large pizzas and with the third tortilla wrap I cut small rounds to make mini pizzas. The only fault was that I didn’t make enough.
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Pizza
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red pepper (cut into small chunks)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut into small chunks)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups spinach (cut into ribbons)
- 3 large wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce / passata
- 1 1/2 cups (100g) grated cheddar
- Pre heat oven to 200c / 400f / Gas 6
- Heat oil in frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 mins. Add peppers, garlic and spices and cook for a further 2 mins. Add the shredded chicken and spinach and stir through.
- Top each tortilla with pizza sauce (or passata), a third of the chicken mixture and finally a third of the cheese.
- Place in oven for approx 10 mins until the cheese is melted.