Finn loves food that allows him to get his hands messy (along with the rest of him!) He loves to dip things so this dish is a big hit with him. The pitta dippers are great for soaking up the beautiful tomato sauce and Finn has a great knack of scooping up the prawns with them.
Feta Prawns with Pitta Dippers
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 250 g tiger prawns
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Pitta bread
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and allow the mixture to become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, then add the prawns and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the parsley and transfer to an oven proof dish (or dishes if doing individual portions) Crumble feta cheese on top.
- Place under the grill until the feta cheese melts. At this time also toast the pittas.
- Slice pittas and serve.