These cauliflower tots contain cauliflower, carrots, onion and capsicum pepper. A great veggie packed finger food for kids.
As the end of the week approaches, and the fridge is looking bare, I have to start getting inventive in the kitchen. My Mum used to call concoctions like this “end of cupboard meals” and I remember, as a kid, looking forward to seeing what her end of cupboard meal would be each week.
With a leftover cauliflower in the fridge, these cauliflower tots were last week’s end of cupboard meal. The boys loved them, as they do with most finger foods, and Finn said “Mum, you have to put these on Healthy Little Foodies” So, with the seal of approval from my 5 and 2 year old, I have decided to share the recipe!
I love that these Cauliflower tots are not only packed with cauliflower but also contain carrot, onion and capsicum pepper. Not bad for a little finger food. The more veggies the better in my opinion.
You May Also Like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 600g (1 head) cauliflower (cut into cauliflower florets)
- 240g (2 medium) carrot (chopped)
- 1/2 red capsicum / bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 spring / salad / green onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 90g (3/4 cup) cheddar cheese (grated)
- 16g (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 30g (1/2 cup) wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 190c / 375f. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil (or use a silicone baking mat)
- Steam carrots for ten minutes. In the last five minutes add the cauliflower.
- Drain and rinse the cauliflower and carrots with cold water. Pat dry and add to a food processor. Pulse until uniformly chopped (you don't want to over pulse) Add the capsicum / pepper and spring onion and pulse until combined.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture into your hand and roll into a tot shape. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 mins.