Since returning from our holiday in Italy Finn has been asking for pizza A LOT! Who can blame him – nobody makes pizza like the Italians! I promised him pizza tonight and he was absolutely thrilled with his mini pizzas (and I was delighted that this healthy alternative was received so well.)
Aubergine Pizza Topped with Tuna and Tomato
- 1 Aubergine (eggplant)
- 1/2 red onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper - finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 185 g tin of tuna in spring water - drained
- 1 tbspn tomato puree
- 250 g passata (or chopped tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220C 425F Gas Mark 7
- Cut the aubergine into slices (approx. 1.5cm thick) and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for approx. 8-10 mins (turning once)
- Meanwhile fry the onions in the remaining oil for 2 mins. Add the garlic and cook for another min.
- Add the peppers and cook until soft.
- Add the tuna, passata and tomato puree and simmer for 5 min.
- Remove the aubergine from the oven and top with the tuna, tomato topping.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and heat for another 5 mins (until the cheese has melted)