If you add any sort of fruit to a main meal Finn seems to be in heaven. Like myself, he loves the sweet and savoury combination. In the past I have added both dried and fresh fruit to curries, soup and even burgers but this was the first time I tried it mixed into cream cheese and cooked with chicken. I served the Apricot Chicken Rolls with some roasted vegetables and salad potatoes. Finn cleared his plate in minutes!
Apricot Chicken Rolls
- 3 chicken breasts
- 70 g cream cheese
- 4 apricots - finely chopped
- Pre heat oven to 200c / 400f / gas 6
- Place chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and batter flat with a rolling pin / meat mallet (to a 1cm thickness). Repeat with the other chicken breasts
- Mix together the cream cheese with the apricots. Spread each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll the chicken breast up tightly and place, seal down, in an oven proof dish
- Bake for 35 - 40 mins (until cooked through)
- Allow to rest for a couple of minutes and slice.